* The $83 million Savannah International Trade & Convention Center cele- brates its grand opening in early May. The complex has 100,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 25,000-square-foot ballroom, a 400-seat amphitheater, and 17 meeting rooms. Technological highlights include online booking; videoconferencing; fiber-optic and Category 5 wiring; ISDN, T1, and T3 Internet access, plus ADSL (asymmetrical digital subscriber line). The center is adjacent to the Westin Savannah Harbor Resort.
* The new hotel at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport takes the title of "closest to the baggage terminal." The Holiday Inn Select opened in January with 3,500 square feet of meeting space, including the Bass Learning Center, which has networked computers for tech trainings of up to 40 people. High-speed Internet access runs to meeting rooms and all 190 guest rooms.
* After completing a $30 million upgrade in September, the 765-room Sheraton Atlanta has further improved its 45,000 square feet of meeting space by adding "plug-and-play" T1 Internet access.
* Just over 100 miles east of Raleigh, the New Bern (N.C.) Riverfront Convention Center is on schedule for a late August grand opening. For technology-intensive clients, the center will be outfitted with fiber-optic cable and Category 5 wiring, as well as high-speed Internet access. The center includes 12,000 square feet of exhibition space, several meeting rooms, and an executive boardroom.
Resources Around the South * Greater Birmingham (AL) CVB
* Orlando/Orange County CVB
* Tampa/Hillsborough CVB
* Greater Ft. Lauderdale CVB
* Greater Miami CVB
* Atlanta CVB
* Lexington (KY) CVB
* Louisville and Jefferson County (KY) CVB
* Northern Kentucky CVB
* New Orleans Metropolitan CVB
* Mississippi Gulf Coast CVB
* Raleigh (NC) CVB
* Hilton Head Island Visitor and Convention Bureau
* Memphis (TN) CVB
* Nashville (TN) CVB