General Meeting Management * MeetingTrak * Company: Phoenix Solutions (unit of MEI)
* Type of product: Full-featured conference management software with integrated database for medium to small associations
* Contact: Sharon Swan,and sales associate
* Phone: (800) 779-7430, (925) 737-5135
* Fax: (925) 469-9510
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.psitrak.com
* Simultaneous Users: Maximum of 15 to 20 users
* Support: 30-day, unlimited question and answers; four-hour blocks for $400
* Cost: Single-user, $2,995; 2 users, $3,995; $495 for each additional user. Continuing education tracking version: single user, $3,990; 2 users, $4,990; $495 each additional user. Modules: WebTrak, $1,495; on-site registration, $995; VendorTrak (budgeting), $995
* MeetingPro, Peopleware Pro * Company: Peopleware
* Type of product: Full-service meeting management with integrated database including registration, accounting, reporting, CE credit tracking
* Contact: Julie Burgess
* Phone: (800) 869-7166, (425) 454-6444
* Fax: (425) 454-7634
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.peopleware.com
* Simultaneous Users: Multi-user version supports up to approximately 50 users
* Support: Annual support agreement (not required): $500 per year, stand-alone; 4 users, $950 per year (includes unlimited, toll-free support; fax-back technical notes; Web site)
* Cost: Single, $3,995 (software and support 1 year);$1,000 per additional user up to 10, for more than 10, site license, includes 4 full-time trainers
* Event Planner Pro * Company: Certain Software
* Type of product: Meeting planning software for single, 1-day events
* Contact: Ted Arbuckle, VP and COO
* Phone: (888) 237-8246, (415) 353-5330
* Fax: (415) 353-5335
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.certain.com
* Simultaneous Users: Not applicable.
* Support: Toll-free support 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST, 7 days, except major holidays; Web and e-mail support
* Cost: $495
* Complete Event Manager 4.5 * Company: EKEBA International
* Type of product: Meeting planning software
* Phone: (800) 847-4561, 614-459-7178
* Fax: (614) 457-1301
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.ekeba.com
* Support: Free e-mail tech support
* Cost: Single user, $395 with 30-day, money-back guarantee; or $345 without guarantee
* CON-TRAC for Windows * Company: Chambres & Associates, Inc.
* Type of product: Meeting planning and meeting management software with integrated one-time entry for all sizes of events; self-configuring GANNT/PERT charts for task tracking
* Contact: Bill Chambres, executive director
* Phone: (215) 635-7283
* Fax: (215) 635-7285
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.con-trac.com
* Simultaneous Users: 100
* Support: Unlimited phone, fax, e-mail, online (with PCAnywhere)
* Cost: Single user, $1,995; multi-user, 2 to 5 stations, $6,995; 6 to 9 stations, $8,750; call for 10 or more stations
* Meeting Expectations Software * Company: Enge & Associates
* Type of product: Meeting planning system for planning corporate andand for general registration and travel departments. Integrates and automates all meeting planning tasks.
* Contact: Karalee Slayton, product specialist
* Phone: (800) 242-8480, (317) 570-7056
* Fax: (317) 570-7056
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.meetingsoftware.com
* Simultaneous Users: Unlimited user network available
* Support: 90 days unlimited technical support (available Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST). Additional technical support may be purchased. Free unlimited telephone training. On-site training available.
* Cost: Version 2.0: single-user, $2,995; unlimited user, network license, $6,995; multiple sites quoted on request. Upgrade to SQL Server Database: $1,000
* MaxEvent, MemberMax * Company: Impact Solutions
* Type of product: A relational database system for managing conferences, meetings, preregistration, on-site registration, speakers, exhibitors, contact management, and to-do list management. It has Internet and other data management capabilities. MemberMax is a client/server relational database system for membership organizations.
* Contact: John Keelin, general manager
* Phone: (800) 858-8330, (412) 367-8833
* E-mail: Impact88@aol.com
* Web: www.impactsolutions.com
* Cost: Single-user license, $1,495; multi-user, $1,700 per user. Client/server only.
* Support: Unlimited phone and Internet support, free upgrades. Cost is 18 percent of license fee per year.
* Realplanner EN, Realplanner Pro, Realplanner LT Company: Star-Cite! Solutions, LLC * Type of product: Full-featured, high-end corporate meeting planning software; strengths in budgeting, sourcing, negotiating, contracting, vendor tracking, electronic RFPs, negotiated savings reports, travel management.
* Contact: Mike Malinchok, dir. of sales
* Phone: (215) 422-1027
* Fax: (215) 979-0888
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.realplanner.com
* Cost: Realplanner EN: $95,000 for license; installation, $18,000; training, $600/person or $4,000/class; annual support, $12,000/year. Realplanner Pro: $40,000 for license; installation, $18,000; training, $300/person or $2,000 for class; annual support, $6,000. Single-user version, Realplanner LT, coming out this summer for under $1000.
* Support: Currently 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, Mon.-Fri., with emergency support on weekends. Plans call for 24-hour, 7-day support.
Web-Based MeetingPlanning Solutions * Event Wizard Company: Neology, a division of Smith Bucklin & Associates * Type of product: Web-based event planning (content planning) software, with online content management tools including abstract collection,scheduling, program grid scheduling
* Contact: Kelly Hensen, mktg. mgr.
* Phone: (888) 636-5649, ext. 3714; (312) 321-6811
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.neology.com
* Support: One-year license includes 10 hours of set-up and customization, plus year's worth of hosting.
* Cost: $15,000 for first year; annual renewal fee, $3,500
* Ajenis Company: PlanSoft
* Type of product: Uses the Internet to communicate meeting specifications between planner and the hotel convention services department
* Contact: Ted Frank, COO
* Phone: (330) 405-5555
* Fax: (330) 405-5566
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.plansoft.com
* Simultaneous Users:No limit
* Support: Help desk 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST; e-mail support also available
* Cost: Network version priced individually; single-user version, $500
* BlueDot Event Tools Company: BlueDot.com
* Type of product: Web-based exhibition and event management and product directory software
* Contact: Shannon Davies, acct. exec.
* Phone: (415) 979-9550, ext.15
* Fax: (415) 979-9551
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.bluedot.com
* Support: Training for VMap software at $395 a day, plus travel expenses. Help desk open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST Mon.-Fri.; on-call options available. E-mail support available.
* Cost: Modular packages start at $5,000. Depending on service and scale, packages sell for between $15,000 and $95,000.
* RegWeb Company: Cardinal Communications
* Type of product: Online, Web-based, template-driven registration software
* Contact: Rodman Marymor, CMP
* Phone: (888) 755-7075, (510) 647-1400
* Fax: (510) 647-1401
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.regweb.com
* Support: Help desk 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST; server support 24 hours, 7 days
* Cost: $1,000, static form; up to $20,000 for a full registration solution
* Event Reservation System (ERS) Company: b-there.com * Type of product: Real-time online event management system, uniquely presented as the central tool in a business-to-business trade community format. Features include information for meeting planners, including links to hotels, airlines, destination resources, media, and other suppliers.
* Contact: Cheryl MacNeal, dir. sales & mktg., or Suzanne Nagy, sales exec.
* Phone: (800) 845-4308
* Fax: (203) 319-4230
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.b-there.com
* Simultaneous Users: Unlimited
* Support: Telephone, e-mail, live contact support
* Cost: $2 to $5 per transaction fee, plus setup fees; or a full-license user plan
Room Diagramming * Meeting Matrix V 5.0 * Company: SCLM Software
* Type of product: Room diagramming software
* Contact: Toni Stroud, tech. sales dir.
* Phone: (410) 451-1107
* Fax: (717) 993-5395
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.meetingmatrix.com
* Simultaneous Users: Network version available for 10 users or more.
* Support: E-mail support available. Annual maintenance package, including help desk, $200 to $350. Updates at Web site. Phone support 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST, Mon.-Fri.
* Cost: Silver is free; Silver Plus, $295; Platinum Plus, $2,225 for full package and installation of single version (includes 8 hours of training, plus travel expenses). Software only, $1,395 for 1 user. Additional users: full package, $1075 per user; software only, $795
* Company: TimeSaver Software * Type of product: Event Layout Software
* Contact: Sandy Simon
* Phone: (714) 731-5390
* Fax: (714) 731-2423
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.timesaver.com
* Simultaneous Users: No limit, minimum of 3 users
* Support: 2tech support credits at no charge; additional credits start at $45 for 2 additional credits
* Cost: Room Viewer Basic, $395; Room Viewer Standard, $595; Room Viewer Pro, $695; Room Schematic, $95 (all single-user prices)
Badge Creation * BadgePro Plus v8.1.17 * Company: The Laser's Edge
* Type of product: Designs and prints badges, personalized tickets, and invoices. Imports data from database tables, spreadsheets, documents, and ASCII files.
* Contact: Judy Carawan, VP
* Phone: (703) 243-7766
* Fax: (703) 243-7769
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.badgepro.com
* Support: Support and training free with annual license. Telephone support available 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST
* Cost: Standard annual license, $350; network license starts at $600
* Badge-O-Matic * Company: Ward Mundy Software
* Type of product: Prints nametags
* Contact: Ward Mundy
* Phone: (404) 351-5162
* Fax: (404) 350-0236
* Cost: $50
* PC/NAMETAG 8 * Company: Topitzes & Associates
* Type of product: Registration software
* Phone: (800) 233-9767
* Fax: (800) 233-9787
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.pcnametag.com
* Simultaneous Users: Yes
* Support: Phone and e-mail support Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m to 5 p.m. CST
* Cost: $179 for new users; $119 for users of pc/nametag 3.x; $99 for users of MeetingPOWER; $79 for additional copies or workstations
Association* Association Plus (A+) * Company: MEI Software Systems
* Type of product: Full-featured large association planning software for meetings, conferences, exhibits, and special events * Contact: Mary Tetreault, mktg. mgr.
* Phone: (703) 620-9600, (888) 288-4MEI
* Fax: (703) 620-4858
* E-mail: email@example.com
* Web: www.meisoft.com
* Simultaneous Users: Up to 300
* Support: Toll-free support 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST; 24-hour phone coverage; e-mail support
* Cost: Costs based on the number of modules, users, type of operating system. Minimum sale: $100,000, maximum $2 million. Average system with 75 users and using most of the modules: less than $400,000 with support.
* iMIS LAN, iMIS Millennium, iMIS Enterprise Company: Advance Solutions International * Type of product: Association and meeting management software products for a range of associations
* Contact: Karen Kramer, director of marketing
* Phone: (512) 491-0550 (main office); (800) 727-8682 (sales)
* Fax: (512) 491-6298
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: www.advsol.com/index.htm
* Simultaneous Users: All products are built in a network environment. Total users are based on the product.
* Support: Through authorized resellers (85 throughout the country); ongoing training and technical support; tech support for the resellers; online bulletin board.
* Cost: Ranges from $1,500 (not including installation, conversion, and training) to more than $500,000 for major association installations.