Congratulations George R. Brown Convention Center Located in downtown Houston, the George R. Brown Convention Center is the city's major convention hall providing close to 500,000 square feet of meeting and exhibit space. The center's excellent facility, outstanding flexibility, and experienced staff is a recipe for winning conventions.
Fast Facts * Where We Are 22 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport, 11 miles from Hobby Airport - served by Continental, Southwest, others
* What We Are a three-floor convention center - located in the heart of downtown - within walking distance to many dining and entertainment options - minutes from top convention hotels, including Hyatt Regency Houston, Doubletree Allen Center, Four Seasons, Westin Galleria & Oaks, Radisson Astrodome
* Where to Meet 41 meeting rooms - largest room holds 2,100 people, banquet-style - 451,000 square feet of exhibit space - largest hall, 125,000 square feet - 36 loading docks - services center provides food and beverage, audiovisual, telecommunications, electricals, plumbing, cleaning, parking, business center - 4 exhibit halls - holds 696 eight-by-ten booths - current net square footage rate of $0.80/net-square-foot - telecommunications provided by Smart City Networks and includes telephones, Internet service, fiber-optic lines
* What's New about to break ground on a 500,000-square-foot expansion that will double facility size - new 1,200-room convention center hotel being built - 4 new balconies accommodate guests and offer outstanding views of downtown
* Weather average temps from 64 degrees Fahrenheit in winter to 92 degrees in summer - high season January through April, September, October, November; low season August, December
* Did You Know... A highlight of the center is its great flexibility in speed of setup and teardown.
Stats 1001 Avenida de las Americas Houston, TX 77010 Phone: 713.853.8000 Fax: 713.853.8090 Web: www.houston-guide.com Director: Gerard J. (Jordy) Tollett Sales and Manager: Sallynda Montz