LEADERSHIP: Charles Petruccelli, American Express Global Business Travel; Hervé Sedky, senior vice president and general manager, advisory services, meetings & events, andbusiness partnership, American Express Global Business Travel
AT A GLANCE: American Express Business Travel reports that in 2010 many of its clients headquartered in the U.S. began global expansions of theirprograms, and that over the past year, the company began expanding its meetings and events organizational structure globally to align all meetings-related solutions and services under global Vice President and General Manager Issa Jouaneh. The company continues its partnership with Maritz Travel: Under the Maxvantage umbrella, the two companies provide end-to-end strategic meetings management services.
- in 2010: 6,258 (in north america)**
travel programs in 2010: 1,422 (globally)**
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 60%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 2,270,000 **
- % of revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: NA
- Full-time employees: 900+
- Top customer markets: pharmaceutical, tech/telecommunications
**Note: Maxvantage, a North America strategic meetings management alliance between American Express Business Travel and Maritz Travel, went into operation in September 2009. Data from meetings and incentive travel programs that occurred under Maxvantage are included above. The Maxvantage numbers reported by AEBT are not duplicated in the numbers reported by Maritz Travel.