Auburn Hills, Mich.
LEADERSHIP: Bob Vallee, chairman/CEO, Project: WorldWide, and CEO of GPJ; Jeff Rutchik, executive vice president, GPJ Client Services Worldwide
AT A GLANCE: In September 2010, George P. Johnson’s CEO, Bob Vallee, founded Project: WorldWide, a network of wholly and partially owned specialized marketing companies, of which GPJ is one. GPJ’s sister companies now include Partners + Napier, G7, Raumtechnik, JUXT Interactive, and Spinifex. Recently the company launched LEAP, aservice that allows marketers to create and monitor social media campaigns around their meetings and events, as well as GPJ Connect, a Web-based lead-capture application.
- Corporate meetings in 2010: 500
- Incentive travel programs in 2010: NA
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 60%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 142,335
- % of revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 25%
- Full-time employees: 897
- Top customer markets: automotive, pharmaceutical