LEADERSHIP: W. Stephen (Steve) Maritz, chairman and CEO of Maritz LLC; David Peckinpaugh, president and CEO of Maritz Travel Co.
AT A GLANCE: David Peckinpaugh took the reins as president and CEO of Maritz Travel in May. Maritz continues its partnership with American Express Business Travel under the Maxvantage umbrella, providing end-to-endservices. In February, Maritz Travel announced a strategic partnership with i-Meet, a professional and social network for people who plan meetings and events, to develop a “skills marketplace” as a resource for project-based staffing.
- in 2010: 6,891* **
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 12%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 1,237,624**
- % of revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: NA
- Full-time employees: 700+
- Top customer markets: automotive, tech/telecommunications
* Number includes meetings and events
**Note: Maxvantage, a North America strategic meetings management alliance between Maritz Travel and American Express Business Travel, went into operation in september 2009. Data from meetings and incentive travel programs that occurred under Maxvantage are included above. The Maxvantage numbers reported by Maritz Travel are not duplicated in the numbers reported by AEBT.