Kansas City, Mo.
LEADERSHIP: Dan Nilsen, CEO; Michelle McSpadden, CMM, president
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: telecommunications, pharmaceutical
AT A GLANCE: In 2011, Bishop-McCann increased the number of meetings it executed by 46 percent over 2010 and added two staff positions, in part as a result of four new clients. The company does most of its meetings for the pharmaceutical and telecommunications sectors, but diversification continues with the new clients falling in four business markets: lodging and hospitality, consumer products, technology, and pharmaceuticals. Company founder Dan Nilsen, who had served as president and CEO, has promoted Michelle McSpadden, CMM, to president. He will continue to serve as CEO of the company, which is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Corporate meetings in 2011: 275
- Incentive travel programs in 2011: 4
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 10%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 57,783
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 92%
- Full-time employees: 56
BACK TO THE 2012 CMI 25 LIST