The EIBTM 2008 Meeting andIndustry Awards were presented today at the show, which runs through Thursday in Barcelona. A total of 58 events were up for awards in six categories. And the winners are:
- Best Special Event: Extraordinary Events, Tom Bercu Presents and George P. Johnson Company for “VM Ware.” The networking event for 11,000 executives, sales teams, and users of VW Ware was modeled after ‘The Streets of San Francisco’ and held in a 132,000-foot hanger.
- Best Conference (more than 250 participants): FacetoFace GmbH, Cologne, Germany, for “The Takeda House.” The three-day conference for the Takeda Pharmaceutical Company included a virtual house with rooms where representatives held interactive communications sessions regarding future plans for the company.
- Best Conference (fewer than 250 attendees): Business & Nature GmbH, Munich, Germany, for “For the Champs of Tomorrow.” This business workshop for 45 managers of German IT distributors for a printer and photocopier manufacturer included a project to turn an outdoor area of a Potsdam, Germany, kindergarten into a playground.
- Best Product Launch: OPTS Ideas, Boise, Idaho, for “Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, and SQL Server 2008 Launch.” This software launch centered around stories from IT professionals and developers from around the world, which were captured by a film team and included in a book.
- Best Incentive Program: Harith Productions, Willow Grove, Pa., for “An Evening of Carioca Pride.” This trip for Endo Pharmaceuticals to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, included an evening themed around the Amazonian rainforest, for which all the décor and art was purchased from the local community.
- Best Event Evaluation: Innevento Comunicacion en Vivo, Bilbao, Spain, for “Convencion SDP 2007.” Organizers took a three-pronged approach to measuring the of Procter & Gamble’s annual sales convention, including surveys and interviews with delegates before, during, and after the event.