Meeting Professionals International kicks off two free online educational programs this month to help meeting professionals through the challenges of the economic recession.
The first program, called "No Turning Back: A Revolution in the Meetings Industry," begins Tuesday April 21 at noon with a 90-minute webinar. MPI plans two follow-up sessions: a half-day workshop at its World Education Congress in Salt Lake City in July, and a second webcast on August 26.
The opening webinar is focused on helping meeting professionals make the case for meetings to key stakeholders and is based on a nine-page briefing paper written by Mary Boone, president, Boone Associates, and it is downloadable at the MPI webinar registration site. Boone will join Jack Phillips, president, The Institute, and Susan Radojevic, president, The Peregrine Agency, as presenters on the webinar. The session will be archived for those who miss the live presentation.
MPI will also launch a webinar program April 29 called The MPI Meeting Matters Webinar Series. Every week from 12 noon to 1:15 p.m. EST, the free webinars will offer education to members and nonmembers. Here’s the schedule.
- April 29:Layoffs, Cutbacks, and Closing Down: What Are You Doing to Make a Difference?
- May 8:Don't Let TARP Cover You Up—Surviving Tough Economic Times
- May 15:Your Role in Corporate Strategy: Integrating & Aligning Event Goals
- May 20:Managing Transitions
- May 27:You Can Do This!
- June 3:Survival Strategies for Suppliers
- June 10:Show Me the Money (or, Show Me the Value): Enhancing and Communicating the Value of Your Meetings.
- June 17:Telling Our Story: Economic Impact Data and the Attack on Meetings