Learn more about the Krisam Group and GEP president
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be? Provence, with its incredible scenery and slower pace, unbelievably fresh ingredients and, of course, the wines
2. What’s playing on your iPod? A little bit of everything. Plenty of classic rock, but a range of genres. The No. 1 category would be R&B, with Buddy Guy and Sonny Boy Williamson as my favorites.
3. It’s time for a second career, what do you choose? Journalist. There are two sides to every story and knowing both can be interesting—and helpful. Most people have an interesting story to tell if you just ask them.
4. When your life story is made into a movie, who should they cast as you? Jimmy Stewart. He had no agenda, he was a little naïve, but also strong. I think he lived a good life.
5. What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year? The third volume of Gibbon’s Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. There are amazing parallels to our culture, values, and roles. It’s clearly a lesson for all of us.
6. Who inspires you? Not a specific person but a type of person: Every day, if you look, you see people who do the right thing regardless of the consequences. To them, the end does not justify the means.
7. If you could trade places with anyone (living or from history) for a week, who would you choose? Julius Caesar. He managed to bring order from chaos and create the underpinnings of a very successful organization that was progressive in some ways and certainly a game changer. And what he started lasted for centuries.
8. What is your favorite cause/charity? Safe Path, an often-benchmarked agency that receives and heals abused children. Sadly, they have continued to grow because the need is there.
9. What do you do to stay healthy? Cycle. It’s a wonderful way to exercise and explore.
You Might Also Be Interested In: