Puerto Rico With its 279 miles of beaches, tropical landscape, and rich cultural heritage, Puerto Rico offers much to visitors. Ideally suited for meetings and incentives, the island has more than 12,000 hotel rooms, excellent transportation, and extensive support for planners. The new waterfront convention center will be completed in 2003.
Island Info * VITAL STATISTICS Luis Munoz International Airport served by American Airlines, United, British Airways, Carnival, Continental, Delta, TWA, US Airways, Iberia, Tower, Northwest * annual temperatures averaging 82 degrees Fahrenheit * official languages, English and Spanish * official currencyU.S. dollar * on Eastern Standard time (no daylight-saving time) * tax-deductible to U.S. companies
* RECENT DEVELOPMENTS Caribe Hilton Hotel being remodeled to include more than 1,000 guest rooms, 65,000 square feet function space; to be completed in December 1999 * waterfront convention center to be completed in 2003; will include 150,000 square feet of exhibit halls, 40,000 square feet of ballroom space, 40,000 square feet of meeting room space, adjacent hotel
* MEETING VENUES world-class hotels and resorts; range of accommodations, conference, meeting choices * properties include Condado Plaza Hotel & Casino; Wyndham El Conquistador Resort & Country Club; San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino; El San Juan Hotel & Casino; Westin Rio Mar Beach Resort; The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan Hotel & Casino; San Juan Grand Beach Resort * 9 percent tax on hotel properties; 11 percent on casino properties
* RECREATION/SIGHTS TO SEE golf, tennis, scuba, snorkeling, fishing, hiking, horseback riding * historic La Puntilla Arsenal, Casa Blanca Garden, El Morro Fortress
* SPECIAL EVENTS & THEME PARTIES Conquistadores Night, Pirate Party, El Yunque Rainforest theme party, artist showcase party
* WEB SITE HIGHLIGHTS new Web site * media introduction representing sights and sounds of Puerto Rico * interactive map * Meeting Wizard for planners to orchestrate their meeting on line