Dan Piggott, CEO (Americas)
Universal World Events Inc.
LEADERSHIP: Dan Piggott, CEO (Americas), Gavin Houston, executive vice president (Americas)
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: pharmaceutical, healthcare/medical
AT A GLANCE: In November 2010, Dublin, Ireland–based United Drug, which owned UniversalProcon, a meeting management company focused on the healthcare market, acquired WorldEvents. In March 2011, the two meeting companies merged into Universal WorldEvents, focusing on pharmaceutical investigator meetings and congresses, training meetings, and sales meetings. This first-time CMI 25 company has U.S. offices in Indianapolis and Ivyland, Pa., as well as overseas offices in the U.K. (headquarters), Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Hong Kong, and, most recently, Singapore.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Corporate meetings in 2011: 1,293 (North America)
- Incentive travel programs in 2011: 27 (North America)
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 25%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 264,050 (North America)
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 91%
- Full-time employees: 76 in the U.S.
BACK TO THE 2012 CMI 25 LIST