* Best Western International in Phoenix has appointed James P. Evans president and CEO. A 30-year hospitality industry veteran, Evans most recently served as senior vice president for Promus.
* Andrew Jordan has joined Wyndham Hotels & Resorts in Dallas as senior vice president of. Formerly, Jordan served as president of U.S. sales and marketing with Club Med.
* Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts in Atlanta has promoted Michael Corr to president, United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. He had been senior vice president operations and service--Americas.
* The Crystal City Marriott and the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Va., have promoted Michael J. Angel to director of sales. A 12-year Marriott International veteran, Angel previously served as director of national accounts at the Crystal Gateway Marriott.
* Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in Dallas has promoted Arthur Berg to vice president of sales. Formerly, he was director of sales and marketing planning.
* Sharon Schoeffield has joined the Vail Cascade Hotel and Club in Vail, Colo., as national sales manager. She was associate director of sales at Copper Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain, Colo.
* The Buena Vista Palace Resort & Spa in the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., has promoted Terri Varisco Bisignano to director of sales. She most recently served as associate director of sales.
* The Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Resort in Cancun, Mexico, has named Alberto Gurrola director of sales. Most recently, he served as groups and conventions associate director at the El Conquistador Hotel in Fajardo, Puerto Rico
* Loews Hotels in New York has promoted Jack S. Adler to the newly created position of COO. He had been executive vice president and chief financial officer.
* Denise Lodrige, managing director of the Washington, D.C., worldwide sales office for Hilton, has assumed the added responsibility of overseeing the Atlanta and Florida worldwide sales offices.
* Tourism Victoria in Victoria, British Columbia, has promoted Traci Bouck to manager, meetings and incentive travel department. She had been coordinator of the same department.
* The Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Va., has promoted Terri A. Haack, CHA, to executive vice president and managing director. She had been vice president and general manager.
* The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, scheduled to open in Las Vegas in April 1999, has appointed Doreen Gross sales manager. She most recently was national sales manager for the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Going Places BRAND NEW * The Villagio Inn & Spa has opened in Yountville in California's Napa Valley. The 112-room inn is surrounded by vineyards, gardens, and fountains, and includes a health spa and an executive conference center that accommodates groups of up to 100 people. Each room has a fireplace and a patio or balcony.
RENOVATIONS, REBRANDINGS * The Regent Las Vegas at The Resort at Summerlin has been renamed the Regent Grand Palms, becoming one of two Regent International Hotels at The Resort in northwest Las Vegas. (The other is the 287-room Regent Grand Spa.) The 253-room Regent Grand Palms will open next April.
* The Four Seasons Hotel Company is wrapping up its $6.5 million renovation of Atlanta's former Grand Hotel, renamed the Four Seasons Atlanta. The newest meeting space in the 244-room hotel is 1,500 square feet.
* Chauncey Conference Center in Princeton, N.J., recently wrapped up a major renovation of guest and meeting rooms. New breakout space, a patio for receptions, and access to the new Gary Playerdesigned Jasna Polana championship golf course bordering the conference center were among the improvements at the 100-room property.
* A $9 million renovation over four years is under way at the Crowne Plaza Resort Hilton Head Island. The majority of the renovation at the 340-room resort, which will include guest rooms and meeting space, will be complete by December 1999.
* The Buttes, A Wyndham Resort in Tempe, Ariz., is wrapping up a $7 million restoration of its 350 guest rooms, lobby, and lobby bar.
* The elegant, 192-room Hotel Monaco in Chicago recently reopened after a major restoration. Meeting facilities include the 2,700-square-foot Paris Room and a dedicated boardroom.
* Starwood Hotels & Resorts is rebranding two Stamford, Conn., hotels. The Sheraton Stamford will become the Westin Stamford, while the current Tara Stamford will be renamed the Sheraton Stamford. Both properties will be undergoing renovations and refurbishment.
INTERNATIONAL BEAT * Starwood Hotels & Resorts has expanded into the Caribbean with the opening of the Sheraton Grand Resort Paradise Island. The 340-room hotel offers a private balcony and an ocean view from every room, plus an 8,500-square-foot ballroom and an additional 1,000 square feet of meeting space.
* Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has created a $7 million pool project, Sugar Mill Falls, at its Rose Hall Golf & Beach Resort near Montego Bay, Jamaica.
* Patriot American Hospitality and Radisson Hotels Worldwide recently announced the opening of the 212-room Radisson Resort Acapulco, formerly the Sheraton Acapulco Resort. Over the next few months the property will be refurbished. Guest rooms, including 15 suites, are located in 13 hillside villas.