WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Corporate and association executives who are responsible for international meetings -- and designated members of their staffs, as well as suppliers representing destinations, accommodations, travel, or services.
GOALS/OBJECTIVES: Designed to bring together industry experts and planners of international meetings. This conference will provide you with resources; industry contacts; answers to questions and issues concerning criteria for destination and site selection; and information on currency and finance, safety and security,negotiations abroad, shipping and customs, cultural issues, risk management, and more.
International meeting support through problem-solving interactive sessions and panels -- interactive "destination breakfast tables" . . . an on-the-spot problem-solving luncheon . . . and a "Meet-the-Experts" reception.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDANCE: By the end of this conference you will: * Understand how to successfully maneuver in the world of international ontracts
* Know how to quickly and efficiently identify and access available resources
* Be able to deal with currency issues and avoid costly errors
* Learn the perils that await those without a solid risk-management plan
* Understand how the marketing of international conferences differs from that of domestic conferences
* Value the benefits of buyer/supplier partnerships
* Know how to select speakers for an international audience
* Gain current information about the "hot" destinations and how to assess them
* Be confident you can get your group there and back without damagingerrors in protocol
* Reduce overall costs by negotiating financial issues you understand and use to your advantage
* Understand that one size does not fit all, as you learn how to customize your international meeting process country by country
WE PROMISE: This conference will provide information that is relevant, practical, and useful -- information you can take home and use immediately.
Also supported by New York Hilton Hotel & Towers; NYU, Center for Hospitality, Tourism and Travel Administration; and Shangri-La Hotels
FEE:$225 -- Corporate or Association Executive$350 -- Industry Supplier (Fee includes reception, breakfast, luncheon and coffee breaks, and course syllabus)
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS:A block of rooms has been reserved at the New York Hilton Hotel & Towers at a special group rate. These rooms will be held for our participants until 30 days prior to the program date. To reserve a room at the special conference rate, please call the hotel directly (212) 261-5870.