* Don Jaeger has been named president of the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau. He had been director of marketing for the Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau. Jaeger, who serves on the board of directors of the Religious Conference Management Association, replaces Ellen Brown, who has retired.
* Laure Mouton has been elected president of the Association Internationale Des Palais De Congres (AIPC). She is executive director/Congres & Exhibitions at the Palais de Congres de Paris.
* John Q. Hammons Hotels, Inc., headquartered in Springfield, MO, has named James A. Miller vice president of sales and marketing. He had been area director of sales and marketing with Westin Hotels & Resorts in Chicago.
* The Westin La Cantera Resort in San Antonio, TX, opening in 1999, has named John O'Hearn director of sales and marketing. He was director of sales and marketing for the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort, also in San Antonio.
* Amita Patel has joined the Holiday Inn Pasadena (CA) as director of sales and marketing. Formerly, she served as director of sales and marketing with the Doubletree Hotel Ontario (CA).
* Uton Bright has been appointed director of sales and marketing for Swept Away Resort in Negril, Jamaica. He had been director of sales for Harbour Village Beach Resort in Bonaire.
* The Wyndham Safari Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL has named Barbara Schmaelzle director of sales and marketing. She will also maintain her current position as director of marketing for the Courtyard by Marriott in the Walt Disney World Resort, which is under the same management as the Wyndham.
* The Welk Resort Center in San Diego has named Jeanette Eddery director of sales and marketing. She had been director of sales with the Horton Grand Hotel, also in San Diego.
* Oliver Bonke has joined the Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel in East Rutherford, NJ as director of sales and marketing. Previously, he served as director of sales and marketing with the Sheraton Key West in Florida.
* Jill Rodemyer has been promoted to director of sales and marketing at the Best Western Inn of Chicago. She had been director of sales.
* The Triumph Howard Johnson Plaza-Hotel, North York, in Toronto, has appointed Jennifer Kirsh director of sales. She had been director of sales at the Quality Hotel & Suites, also in Toronto.
* The Fort Worth (TX) Convention & Visitors Bureau has appointed Susan Kluttz as director of sales, conventions. Most recently, she served as business development manager with the Hyatt Regency DFW Airport in Grapevine, TX.
* Dawn Seay has been named director of convention sales for the Greater Fort Lauderdale (FL) Convention & Visitors Bureau. She was director of sales with the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau.
* The Grenelefe Golf & Tennis Resort in Haines City, FL has announced two appointments. Megan Ditka has joined as director of national accounts. She had been senior sales manager at the Pointe Hilton Resorts in Phoenix. Brad Penrith has been named assistant director of sales. Penrith, who will handle the Midwest incentive and corporate markets, as well as small meetings, also joins from Pointe Hilton Resorts, where he served as national sales manager.
* Susan Pedersen has been appointed national corporate and incentive sales manager with the Newport Beach (CA) Conference & Visitors Bureau. She joins from The Waterfront Hilton Beach Resort in Huntington Beach, CA, where she was corporate/tour and travel sales manager.
* Gary Scholl has been promoted to director of sales at Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He had been director of sales.
* The Doubletree Alana Waikiki Hotel in Honolulu has named Lorena Barbosa corporate sales manager. She had served as sales and promotion manager with Atlantis Submarines Hawaii.
* Carmel Valley Ranch in Carmel, CA has named Peggy M. Drakes sales manager. Drakes, who will handle the East Coast corporate market, joins from the Monterey (CA) Plaza Hotel, where she was sales manager.
* The Grand Hyatt San Francisco has named Alexander M. Willow meeting connection manager. Willow joins from the Radisson Denver South, where he served as individual travel sales manager.
* Jody Ryerson has been named sales manager at The Pan Pacific Hotel in San Francisco. She most recently served as group sales manager at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, San Francisco.
* The Grand Pavilion, in George Town, Cayman Islands, has named Diane Kelly sales manager with its new New York City sales office. Kelly, who will handle corporate and incentive meetings for the Northeast and Midwest regions, previously served as eastern regional sales manager for RAM Travel Services, Inc., in North Bergen, NJ.
* The Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau has announced two appointments. Lucy Santiago-Rivera will serve as sales manager, responsible for the short-term corporate market in the South, Midwest, and West. She had been sales manager with the Penn Tower Hotel, also in Phila-delphia. Jill Maher has also been named sales manager, responsible for the corporate market in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Indiana. She was director of sales with Harvey Hotel Atlanta Power Ferry.
* The Hickory (NC) Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau has named Wendy Michelle Morefield sales manager. She was tourism sales manager for the Charlotte (NC) Convention & Visitors Bureau.