When completed in December 2000, the beachfront resort's $350 million expansion will increase its guest rooms to 1,350, restaurants to 15, dedicated conference center meeting space to 40,000 square feet, outdoor space to 50,000 square feet, and add a second 18-hole championship golf course and a new spa and fitness center.
Fast Facts * Where We Are 10 minutes from Freeport International Airport * taxis, hotel vans available
* Where to Stay currently 550 guest rooms, 7 suites * refrigerators, safes, ironing boards, hair dryers, voice mail with data ports
* Where to Play, on site-- in place by 12/2000: spa and fitness center, 35,000-square-foot casino, 2 18-hole golf courses, watersports, including para-sailing, snorkeling, beach * off site-- scuba diving, kayaking, duty-free shopping, swim with dolphins, horseback riding
* Where to Eat 15 restaurants on site by 12/2000 * Italian, Asian, Bahamian fare, '50's-style diner
* Where to Meet dedicated conference center * 17 meeting rooms * 17,000-square-foot ballroom seats 1,400 banquet-style, 1,800 theater-style * 40,000 square feet of indoor meeting space * 50,000 square feet of outdoor function space * complete audiovisual department * business center * conference staff
* What's Available for Groups Bahamian-style group functions, including "Lucayan Junkanoo Festival," with theatrical lighting, authentic dancers and food * custom-designed theme parties * tours and team building activities, including "build your own canoe," "buggy treasure hunt," and "sand castle sculptures" * extensive incentive itineraries
* Tech Info in-room data ports, complete audio-visual services
* Did You Know... The resort's new Robert Trent Jones, Jr.-designed Lucayan Reef Course will bring water into play on 13 of 18 holes.
The Lucayan Stats * Royal Palm Way
* Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Phone: 242.373.1333, 800 LUCAYAN
* Director of Sales: Joe Gill
Director of Convention Services: