The Country Club at The Diplomat features an Italian villa-style design and offers 60 guest rooms, an 18-hole golf course, 10 clay tennis courts, pool, and European-style spa. The main hotel will open in January 2001 and the convention center will open in April 2001.
Fast Facts * Where We Are 15 minutes or 15 miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport * taxis available
* Where to Stay 1060 guest rooms, including 100 suites * irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, cable television, computer hook-ups with internet access, dual phone lines * value season from May 11 to August 31
* Where to Play, on site--18-hole championship golf course, spa, fitness center, 10 tennis clay tennis courts, pools, beach, water sports off site--Aventura Mall, Sawgrass Mills Mall, Everglades National Park, Gulfstream Park, Anne Kolb Nature Center, major
professional sports arenas
* Where to Eat 7 restaurants, including upscale cuisine, fine seafood * main lounge overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, nightly entertainment
* Where to Meet 209,000-square-foot flexible convention center will include 50,000-square-foot great hall * 20,000-square-foot grand ballroom, 39 breakout rooms * largest meeting room will seat 7,550 people theater-style or 6,000 banquet-style * will accommodate from 50 to 8,000 people
* What's Available Now Across the Intracoastal Waterway from the main twin-tower project and convention center, The Diplomat Country Club features 60 guest rooms, meeting space for up to 800 people, dining rooms, yacht slips, 18-hole championship golf course, spa, fitness center and tennis club.
* Did You Know... The resort's and convention center's use of nautical imagery, including a sail-shaped design, will resonate throughout the property.
The Diplomat Resort & Country Club Stats * 1995 East Hallandale Beach Blvd.
* Hallandale, FL 33009
* Phone: 954.457.2000
* Fax: 954.457.2045
* Web: www.diplomatresort.com
* General Manager: Kevin Moran
* Director of Sales: Peter Mitchell
* Director of Convention Services: Isabel Lupi