Sean J. Mahoney, global vice president of corporate and incentive sales,
Silversea Cruises, enjoys "blending" his work and personal lives.
Sean J. Mahoney
Global vice president of corporate and incentive sales, Silversea Cruises; incoming president, Site
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
In a small, seaside village somewhere on the Mediterranean with my wife and children
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
Kings of Leon (Only by Night album)
3. If you could be a superhero, what super power would you want?
Something subtle yet potent, like telepathy
(Professor Xavier from X-Men)
4. It’s time for a second career; What do you choose?
It would be fun to make a living on a golf course (right now my golf buddies are laughing).
5. What’s the best book you read in the past year?
Ender’s Game (series) by Orson Scott Card. I’m a big fan of the sci-fi and epic fantasy genres. Live long and prosper.
6. What’s your hidden talent?
I have been known to pick up the microphone and belt out a song or two, but I’m not sure you could call it “talent.”
7. Who inspires you?
My parents. They embody the concept of leading by example. They are bright, kind, compassionate, generous, and humble.
8. If you could trade places with anyone (living or from history) for a week, who would you choose?
My wife and partner. She has sacrificed so much for me and our family. She deserves all the acknowledgement, attention, and affection I would gain from the experience.
9. What is your favorite cause/charity?
I’m fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society right now. I joined their “Team in Training” in honor of my mother, who is battling cancer.
10. How do you strike a balance between work and your personal life?
The more I try to “compartmentalize,” the more stressed I get. So, I enjoy “blending” work and personal (for example, I rehearse a big presentation at home in front of the family).
For more on Sean Mahoney:
See this interview on international cruising.