The Meeting Professionals International 2008-2009 Board of Directors assumed their new roles on July 1. Theboard, led by chairman Larry Luteran, vice president of group sales and industry relations for Hilton Hotels Corp., will serve a one-year term ending June 30, 2009. These fellow Executive Committee leaders join Luteran, who served on the MPI Board of Directors from 2002 to 2005 and was named chairman-elect in 2007:
- Chairwoman-elect: Ann Godi, CMP, president, Benchmarc360 Inc., Atlanta;
- Vice chairman of administration: Eric Rozenberg, CMP, CMM, president, Ince&Tive, Brussels, Belgium;
- Vice chairman of finance: Sebastian Tondeur, CEO, corporate division, MCI, Geneva;
- Vice chairwoman of member services: Alexandra Wagner, director of corporate meetings and events, SunTrust Bank, Atlanta;
- Immediate past chairwoman: Angie Pfeifer, CMM, assistant vice president, corporate meetings, travel, and incentives, Investors Group Financial Services Inc., Winnipeg, Manitoba; and
- Ex officio: Bruce MacMillan, CA, president and CEO, MPI.
The association’s fundraising arm, the MPI Foundation, has also named its new Board of Trustees for the 2008-2009 term. Rita Plaskett, CMP, CMM, president of ASSET, a meeting planning firm based in Toronto, will lead the board as chairwoman. She has previously served as chairwoman of the MPI Foundation Canada. Plaskett’s Executive Committee includes the following:
- Chairwoman-elect: Margaret A. Moynihan, CMP, director, Deloitte LLP, Wilton, Conn.;
- Vice chairman-finance: Ken Sanders, executive vice president, VER, Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.;
- Vice chairwoman–projects: Allison Kinsley, CMP, CMM, chief meeting architect, Kinsley & Associates LLC, Littleton, Colo.;
- Vice chairman–development: David W. Johnson, president and CEO, Aimbridge Hospitality LP, Carrollton, Texas;
- Vice chairman–marketing: Tony Lorenz, CMM, president, ProActive Inc., Chicago;
- Immediate past chairman: Michael Beardsley, CEO, Inn Fluent, LLC, Ashburn, Va.; and
- Ex officio: Katie Callahan-Giobbi, executive vice president, MPI Foundation and chief business architect.
MPI has also announced its new members of the board, volunteer chairpersons, MPI Foundation Board of Trustee members, and Canada Board of Trustees for the 2008-2009 term. Here is a complete list of the association’s new leadership.