Six Months to One Year Out * Decide on the golf course.
* Book your tee times.
* Determine your menus.
* Receive and sign.
* Book celebrity or guest professional, if any. 4:55 PM 3/23/014:55 PM 3/23/01 * Book entertainment, if any.
Six Months Out * Determineformat.
* Decide on your invitation list.
Three Months Out * Order logo items or special gifts.
* Confirm appearance ofor entertainers.
* Schedule photographer/videographer.
* Mail invitations.
One Month Out * Confirm tee times with golf course or with golf event management company.
* Check on the status of your special-order prizes or participant gifts.
* Mail second invitations, if it's necessary.
* Mail confirmation letters.
* Order banners, tee signs, and any other signage you're using.
* Schedule a meeting with the golf course.
Two Weeks Out * Go over checklist.
* Go over changes.
* Call golf course or golf event management company with final numbers.
One Week Out * Make sure gifts and prizes have been received at course.
* Reconfirm all outside suppliers.
Within One Week of the Event * Go over pairings with golf course or golf event management company.
* Go over correct spelling of all names.
* Alert course or golf event management company to last-minute changes.
* Review final numbers with golf course.
Tournament Day * Confirm your start time with the pro.
* Arrive two hours before your golfers.
* Set up your registration table first. Place this table near the carts or a walkway through which all golfers must pass.
* Give the host professional any updates in pairings (and alphabetized lists).
* Confirm that no repairs are being made to the course that day.
* Give host professional the amenities to be placed on carts (rules sheets, golf balls, towels, or other items).
* Confirm special-event holes (closest to the pin, longest drive). Confirm that proximity markers are at those holes.
* Have two people put up tee signs and banners. (Note: This task often takes more than an hour.)
* Confirm beverage cart(s).
* Confirm timing/placement of meals.
* Confirm billing procedure for meals and food and beverage outlets.
* Confirm driving range location and access for your players.
* Know where the locker rooms are.
* Take 10 minutes with all of your staff and course staff to give them information that all golfers will need to know.