Meet Chris White, Chairman and CEO of Global Events Partners and Krisam Group, which celebrated its 35th anniversary this year.
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
Saint Jean-Cap-Ferrat on the French Riviera
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
A variety of music, but mostly the greatest hits my wife and I have loved for years. They include classical music, Elvis, Carole King, James Taylor, and a variety of Motown greatest hits.
3. It’s time for a second career. What do you choose?
4. What is your hidden talent?
Music. I love to play instruments! I have played the clarinet for years, and I am currently taking piano lessons.
5. What is your favorite cause or charity?
My favorite cause is helping to educate inner-city kids through Friendship Charter Schools. As for charities, well, almost anything to do with seeing-eye dogs, summer camps for kids (such Paul Newman's and those of several cancer hospitals), Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Tufts University.
6. What’s your top travel tip?
Go light. Preferably only one carry-on suitcase.
7. What’s always in your refrigerator?
Yogurt, bagels, fresh fruit, veggies, OJ, and skim milk. Oh, and a nice bottle of white wine.
8. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson.
9. What is your favorite quote or saying?
“Life is too short to worry about that.”
10. What do you do to stay healthy?
I work out at the gym six days a week doing both aerobics and weight training. Plus, I get eight hours of sleep every night and eat healthy, balanced meals.
11. Who inspires you?