Meet the vice president, meetings & conventions, for Primerica in Duluth, Ga.
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
Kiawah Island, S.C., with all the family. I have finally found a place that I can relax and watch the dolphins flop around.
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
Almost everything: I guess I don't appreciate rap music, but [my playlist includes] Jimmy Buffett, Chris Botti, Earl Klugh, Alan Jackson, Bocelli, country, rock, jazz, classical, island, and blues.
3. It’s time for a second career. What do you choose?
I would go to the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) Greystone in Napa, Calif., during the day, and spend my evenings and weekends in wine country, at restaurants ...
4. What is your hidden talent?
I guess there are two: I've surprised a number of people when I cook. I’m not a chef, but I enjoy it. Also, staying calm under the worst circumstances: I become 'the dad' to everyone else.
5. What is your favorite cause or charity?
American Cancer Society
6. What’s your top travel tip?
Relax and be patient. Nowadays a ‘good’ flight or travel day is rare, and getting upset doesn't do any good.
7. What’s always in your refrigerator?
Diet Ginger Ale, Iced Tea, Lemonade (Arnold Palmers), and lots of really good cheeses.
8. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
It's all I can do to read a magazine, much less a book. But, George Washington's Secret Navy: How the American Revolution Went to Sea by James L. Nelson.
9. What is your favorite quote or saying?
Take work and life seriously—but not yourself.
10. Who inspires you?
My father and 'my Olivia' (my wife): She's also in our crazy business. Those who have met and/or know her are amazed by her and the way she works and by the way she always lights up a room. With her, there are no strangers.
11. What do you do to stay healthy?
Whatever I can: Water and exercise are the things I can handle on the road. Eating correctly can be a challenge when on site.