Meet Julie Stovroff, Director, Group Sales, Insurance & Financial Services, Preferred Hotels & Resorts
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
Off the coast of Capri, Italy, on a yacht
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
“Breathe,” by Faith Hill
3. It’s time for a second career. What do you choose?
I would like to own an upscale men’s and women’s clothing boutique. It would have only the coolest collections: a sexy, unique, and sophisticated line including jewelry, purses, belts, and more!
4. What is your favorite cause or charity?
The Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and anything to do with young children that looks after their best interests
5. What’s your top travel tip?
For women traveling alone: Don’t take a hotel room close to the elevator; that way, it’s not obvious to others on the elevator where your room is. Also avoid rooms at the end of a hallway next door to the stairwell.
6. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
“What Wendell Wants…Or, How to Tell If You're Obsessed with Your Dog,” by Jenny Lee
7. What is your favorite quote or saying?
“You can shed a tear that he is gone, or you can smile because he has lived. You can close your eyes and hope he'll come back. Or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.” This saying depicted the life of my dad, Morton H. Stovroff
8. Who inspires you?
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis: She was classy, sophisticated, strong, and presented herself as calm and private.
9. What do you do to stay healthy?
Play tennis, run (not as often as I used to), hike, and walk/jog with our beautiful 10-month-old puppy, Charlee, at least twice a day!