Meet Lynn Averill, 2nd Vice President, Travel and Conferences, National Life Group, Montpelier, Vt.
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
I am so fortunate to have visited so many extraordinary places in the world, yet I am always perfectly happy to be at our cottage on Caspian Lake in Greensboro, Vt., a short drive from our home.
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
Okay, this makes me sound old: We have about five iPods but I don't carry my own. When the music’s blasting though, Coco Montoya, Tommy Castro, and Debbie Davies are some favorites.
3. It’s time for a second career. What do you choose?
I'm not sure, I just know that I want an 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. job! And I plan to begin writing my book soon, which I hope will be a best-seller. Still working on the title: It will be something like, "You Just Can't Make it Up."
4. What is your favorite cause or charity?
My husband, Charlie, and I contribute to many charities. My favorite is Camp Tu Kum Ta, a camp for kids with cancer located in Vermont.
5. What’s your top travel tip?
When you've lost airline status, use your expired Status card to board early.
6. What’s always in your refrigerator?
Diet Dr. Pepper
7. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
To Save America by Newt Gingrich
8. What is your favorite quote or saying?
"If that's the worst thing that happens today, I'll be very happy."—Lynn Averill
9. What do you do to stay healthy?
Let's just say I'm not a picture of perfect health.