- Spas have greater flexibility for spa treatments booked Monday to Thursday, when usage fees can be waived. There is no slow season for spas; in fact, the period between Thanksgiving and New Year's is the busiest time of the year.
- Offer shorter, mini-services to give attendees the spa experience at reduced rates. Services could include 30-minute rather than 55-minute treatments, for example.
- The Spa at Pinehurst (N.C.) offers a $25 spa tranquility pass that provides access to the steam room, sauna, whirlpool, and pool, as well as complimentary smoothies. The rate is negotiable, depending upon the amount of business booked.
- The Spa at Ballantyne Resort, Charlotte, N.C., offers a spa sampler for groups on tight budgets. The time is flexible, and the package could include just skin care and nail stations, for example.
- Offer attendees $50 gift cards for products or 30-minute treatments.
Bonnie Wallsh, CMP, CMM, is chief strategist, Bonnie Wallsh Associates, LLC, Charlotte, N.C. You can reach her at (704) 541-1199 or at email@example.com.