Meet Carina Bauer, CEO, IMEX Group, East Sussex, U.K., which manages IMEX America and IMEX Frankfurt
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
In the mountains, whether it’s summer or winter
2. What's playing on your iPod?
Paolo Nutini or the Rolling Stones
3. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want?
I would be Hiro from the television show "Heroes" because he can stop time. Just imagine how much you could get done in a day!
4. It's time for a second career. What do you choose?
Working with an international development or aid agency. Or becoming a ski instructor.
5. When your life story is made into a movie, who should they cast as you?
Kate Winslet. She’s a great English actress who doesn’t take herself too seriously.
6. What's the best book you read in the past year?
"The Boy in the Striped Pajamas," by AUTHOR TK. It’s very simple, beautifully written, and devastating.
7. What's your hidden talent?
8. Who inspires you?
9. If you could trade places with anyone (living or from history) for a week, who would you choose?
Oscar Schindler, an ordinary man who did extraordinary deeds—saving hundreds when it would have been easier and safer to walk away. I think we all hope that we would help others in adversity, even risking our own safety. But what type of person really has that kind of courage?
10. What is your favorite cause or charity?
Any children’s charity gets my vote.
11. What do you do to stay healthy?
I used to go to the gym a lot. I can’t say I’ve been great at that lately, though. I’ve just started running again since I got a Garmin GPS for Christmas.
12. How do you strike a balance between work and your personal life?
I’m good at switching off when I go on holiday and I make sure that I take two weeks off every summer without any e-mails. When I’m with my 20-month-old son, I have to live in the moment, so there’s no time to worry about work!
13. What is your greatest strength?
Optimism and seeing the best in a situation