The Professional Convention Management Association has launched a new LegalAdvantage Series, featuring full-day programs on vendorand intellectual property rights. Entitled "A Closer Look at Vendor Contracts and Intellectual Property," the program will be offered in 12 cities across the United States and one city in Canada during 2005.
Participants will learn how to better manage contracts with convention centers, speakers/entertainers, and audiovisual companies. The issues surrounding technology and intellectual property, including tips and best practices regarding trademarks, copyright and patent basics, and e-mail marketing will also be explored.
The program will be led by legal experts from the law offices of Howe Hutton, including Jonathon T. Howe, Esq., Barbara F. Dunn, Esq., and Samuel J. Erkonen. Upcoming cities and dates include:
- April 5: Chicago, Fairmont Hotel
- April 19: New York, Millennium Broadway Hotel
- May 10: Orlando, Fla., Orlando/Orange County Convention Center and the Peabody Hotel
- May 16: Sacramento, Calif., Doubletree Hotel Sacramento
- June 1: Baltimore, BWI Airport Marriott
- June 14: Denver, The Oxford Hotel
- September 13: Boston, Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- September 20: Washington, D.C., Wardman Park Marriott Hotel
- September 21: Philadelphia, Philadelphia Marriott
- October 11: Atlanta, Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta
- October 12: Columbus, Ohio, Hyatt Regency Columbus
- October 18: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Westin Ottawa
- October 25: Kansas City, Mo., Hyatt Regency Crowne Center