Founder/Saturday moderator of the Meetings Community (MeCo), CIO/Meeting Planner at Best Meetings Inc., Bloomington, Minn. www.bestmeetings.com
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
In a bungalow at the The Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows with my family and friends, looking out at the ocean, watching the sunset.
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
I have no music on my iPod; I do audio books. My current one is Septimus Heap, Book 4: Queste.
3. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want?
Wow, actually it would be a Super Villain, Multiple Man. His power is the ability to create perfect duplicates of himself. What meeting planner doesn’t need 20 copies of himself when on site?
4. When your life story is made into a movie,
who should they cast as you?
5. What’s the best book you read in the past year?
Starship: Rebel by Mike Resnick
6. What’s your hidden talent?
7. Who inspires you?
James Earl Jones. We admire his voice, but many do not know he had a stuttering problem and was functionally mute until high school.
8. If you could trade places with anyone (living or from history) for a week, who would you choose?
Sun-Tzu, back in 490 B.C., when he wrote “The Art of War.” Imagine what it’s like to pen a book that people still quote 2,600 years later.
9. What is your favorite cause/charity?
Limb regeneration. There is amazing work being done to someday— hopefully soon—allow people to regrow limbs that are lost due to war, accidents, and disease.
10. What do you do to stay healthy?
I laugh! It keeps me grounded. When I can’t laugh, then I know something is not right.
11. What is your greatest strength?
Patience and my ability to relate to people