Get to know the president of Ultimate Ventures, Dallas, and a force in the DMC community
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
Floating around the world as a lifelong learner on Semester at Sea. (My business partner and I met on Semester at Sea in college 20-plus years ago.)
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
What iPod? I listen to Kids Place Live on Satellite radio.
3. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want?
I’d be able to move at warp speed so I could get work done faster and therefore have more time with my 6- and 9-year-old boys. And, I’d have unlimited energy to keep up with them!
4. It’s time for a second career, what do you choose?
You’ll find me working as a scuba divemaster in either Palau or Australia.
5. When your life story is made into a movie, whom should they cast as you?
Renée Zellweger. She’s great at playing the geek.
6. What’s the best book you read in the past year?
Atlas Shrugged (not quite finished yet)
7. What’s your hidden talent?
I used to teach country-western line dancing and the two-step.
8. Who inspires you?
Roger Dow [president and CEO of the U.S. Travel Industry Association and the force
behind the country’s first-ever National Travel and Tourism Strategy]. I’m so grateful that our
industry has such a passionate voice speaking out for us.
9. What is your favorite cause/charity?
Every Month Matters. My company has a committee that comes up with a different charity or community organization to supporteach month, and we donate time, resources, or goods. This summer we are making lunches as a company for a local food pantry.
10. What do you do to stay healthy?
I gave up diet soda last year, I sleep eight hours most nights, and I get regular massages.
You Might Also Be Interested In