The Professional Convention Management Association has nominated its board of directors for 2013. The new board members will officially take office on January 17, 2013, subject to approval by the membership.
Here is the proposed roster of officers for 2013:
• Chairman of the Board: Johnnie White, CMP, executive director, meetings and educational services, Cardiovascular Research Foundation
• Immediate Past Chairman of the Board: Kent Allaway, CEM, CMP, vice president, meetings and trade shows, Produce Marketing Association
• Chairman-Elect: Christopher Wehking, CMP, director of meetings and exhibits, American Society of Anesthesiologists
• Secretary-Treasurer: Raymond Kopcinski Sr., CMP, director, meeting services, Million Dollar Round Table
The nominees, who will join the current board of directors for three-year terms after approval by the membership are
• Professional Directors: Martin Balogh, director of meetings and travel, American Bar Association; Kristin Gibson, CMP, CHSP, vice president of sales and industry relations, J. Spargo & Associates Inc.; and Mary Pat Heftman, executive vice president, convention, National Restaurant Association; and
• Supplier Partner Directors: Lawrence Luteran, senior vice president, group sales and industry relations, Hilton Worldwide; and Claire Smith, CMP, vice president, sales and marketing, Vancouver Convention Centre.