Five new plaques will be added to the Hall of Leaders Recognition Pavilion in the Washington Convention Center and in McCormick Place in Chicago. The newest recipients of the Convention Industry Council’s high honor, given to individuals who have made significant contributions to the meetings and conventions industry, have been announced:
- M. Theresa Breining, CMP, CMM, president and CEO of Concepts Worldwide, Carlsbad, Calif. Breining was nominated by Meeting Professionals International.
- Thomas M. Mobley, Jr., senior vice president for convention centers at Global Spectrum Facility Management, Philadelphia. Mobley was nominated by the Center for Exhibition Industry Research.
- Steve Porter, former president, the Americas, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Atlanta. Porter was nominated by Intercontinental Hotels Group.
- Preston Robert Tisch, former chairman and co-owner, Loews Hotels, New York. Tisch was nominated by the American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Jerry A. Wayne, vice president, sales and marketing, The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, W.V. Wayne was nominated by Christine Duffy and Hugh K. Lee.
Since 1985, CIC has named a total of 102 industry leaders to the Hall of Leaders, including these new honorees. They will be inducted at a gala in January 2010 in conjunction with the Professional Convention Management Association Annual Meeting in Dallas.