An electrical fire at the Marco Island Marriott Resort on January 29 caused an evacuation, injury to an outside contractor who had been working on the system, and a power loss, but ASAE and The Center for Association Leadership’s Great Ideas conference went on. “One of our themes is to create unique experiences—we unintentionally did that,” says John Graham, president and CEO of ASAE and The Center. While the fire danger was low, concerns about toxic smoke caused the hotel to be evacuated ...

Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)

By registering on MeetingsNet now, you'll not only gain access to Printer-friendly, you'll get exclusive access to a large archive of premium content.

Already registered? here.