The Professional Convention Management Association has announced its 2009 Achievement Award winners. The honorees will be recognized at the 54th PCMA Annual Meeting in Dallas, January 10–13, 2010. The awards honor members for their contributions to PCMA and to the meetings and hospitality industry.
Here are this year’s winners:
- 2009 Distinguished Member of the Year Award: Deborah L. Richardt, CMP, senior director of meeting services for the American Thoracic Society.
- 2009 Distinguished Meeting Professional of the Year Award: Teri Elliott Jarvie, CMP, director of meeting services for the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- 2009 Distinguished Convention Services Manager of the Year Award: Michael Narkewicz, CMP, senior event manager, logistics, at the San Francisco Marriott
- 2009 Outstanding Service to a Chapter Award: Donna M. Young, CMP, meetings manager for the American College of Physicians
- 2009 Educator of the Year Award: Loretta Lowe, CMP, event manager and meeting planner. Lowe helped to develop and implement a bachelor’s degree emphasis, in meetings and convention management at San Francisco State University, where she serves as advisor.
- 2009 Spirit Award (recognizing an organization that has significantly affected lives in a charitable or humanitarian way through the meetings industry): New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau
- 2009 Environmental Leadership Award: The Willard InterContinental Washington, Washington, D.C.
To be eligible for an award, recipients must be nominated during PCMA’s Call for Nominations. For more information about the PCMA Achievement Awards criteria and submission process, go to www.pcma.org/awards.