A new mobile app specifically designed for associations makes it easier for members to engage with one another at meetings and all year round.
“Members who are not fully engaged with their organizations are not receiving the full value of their membership. And organizations that don’t make it easy for their members to be engaged are missing an incredible opportunity for growth,” said Amith Nagarajan, chief executive officer at Aptify, a Washington, D.C. based software company that specializes in association management solutions. The new app, Aptify Mobile for Members, allows members to:
- search an association directory by member name, company name, committee title, and staff member name;
- view their connections with others in the association, including those they are connected to via LinkedIn;
- track association events;
- get detailed information about session topics, dates, and speakers, as well as information about event housing;
- rate events, sessions and speakers;
- find out who among their connections is registered to attend specific events;
- receive a feed of news about the association, as well as Twitter and Facebook posts by the association; and
- track the status and history of orders, including dues, subscriptions, meetings and products.
“The app is easily and broadly configurable to meet the specific needs of the association,” said Mark Patterson, Aptify’s senior vice president of solutions. Aptify Mobile for Members supports most smartphones, including iPhone/iPad, Android, Blackberries, Windows Phone 7, and others. It can be distributed as a native app via the app stores or deployed as a Web application.