Perfectly located geographically, the Copenhagen region is easy to get to, has a safe and welcoming environment, and features honest, dependable professionals upon whom planners can rely. In fact, Copenhagen ranks among the world's 10 most popular congress cities.
Fast Facts * Where We Are 12 minutes from Copenhagen Airport to city center -- served by more than 60 airlines, nonstop flights to and from 130 cities around the world
* Where to Stay 130 area hotels with 22,000 guest rooms-- two 5-star, many 4-star hotels near convention center, airport --go to www.woco.dk for online hotel information
* Where to Meet Bella Center --1,205,557 total square feet of function space --14 meeting rooms --12 exhibition halls, the largest of which seats 4,200 people theater-style or 2,800 banquet-style -- 600-seat auditorium-- glass-roofed Central Hall -- shopping arcade -- 10 minutes from downtown Copenhagen -- in 2000, new train link to downtown and airport
* Where to Play famed Tivoli Gardens, illuminated by 150,000 lights -- more than 2,000 restaurants, featuring fare from local delicacies to international gourmet -- National Museum, Danish Parliament, 17th-century stock exchange, boating, tours to castles and palaces, fly fishing, more than 25 golf courses, Elsinore--Hamlet's castle, the harbor's Little Mermaid, Viking ships
* What's New Opening in 2000, the Oresund Fixed Link, a $3.6 billion bridge-and-tunnel project linking Copenhagen to Malmo, Sweden -- opening summer 2001: Copenhagen Marriott Hotel (5 star), Copenhagen Airport HIlton (4 star), both with more than 350 rooms and conference facilities -- the First Hotel, with more than 400 rooms and complete conference packages
* Weather average temps from low of 40 degrees Fahrenheit in winter to 85 degrees in summer
* Did You Know... English is considered a second language in Denmark.
Copenhagen, Denmark Stats * U.S. Address: Danish Tourist Board 655 Third Avenue New York, NY 10017
* Phone: 212.885.9723
* Fax: 212.885.9726
* Web: www.visitdenmark.com
* Executive Director: Dorthe Hansen
* Group Sales Director: Stella B. Carlsen