Meeting planners tend to be pretty good about dealing with allergies to shellfish, nuts, wheat, dust, mold, and pretty much anything else an attendee might find to sneeze (or swell up) at. With hotels now added scents to their public areas to enhance the experience, some planners worry that this will set up a whole new round of allergic reactions they may have to deal with.
But can you imagine having an attendees like this poor woman, who is allergic to the electro-magnetic fields that surround everything from laptops to cellphones to microwave ovens (or, as she calls it, "modern life")?
Then again, I can't imagine she'd be able to go to a conference at all, or even survive the trip. How horrible is this? I won't complain when my spring sneezies start, not after reading her story.