Someone sent this job posting to me earlier today, and I just don't know what to make of it. I know meeting planning gets tucked into a lot of different job descriptions, but this is a new one for me (emphasis mine):
JOB TITLE: Maintenance and Event Coordinator
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs the repair and maintenance of all HVAC and mechanical equipment. Includes fans, motors, belts, filters, dampers, and exhaust fans.
• Installs, repairs, and replaces plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, kitchen equipment, building equipment and other technical repairs.
• Arranges space, exhibits, tours, banquets, receptions, and other applicable conference activities.
• Coordinate AV set up and take down.
• Maintains preventive maintenance schedule, repair logs, and reports on building, equipment and grounds.
• Recommends maintenance purchases and repairs for building operating needs.
• Maintains grounds, parking ramp, parking lot, and equipment.
• Coordinates maintenance and repair of carpet and hard floor equipment.
• Coordinates the install and uninstall of office furniture and moves.
• Coordinates repair and maintenance of vehicles.
• Completes work orders as assigned through the e-maintenance system, email, or paper orders.
• Ensures the building and grounds are safe for all visitors.
• Works with vendors scheduling maintenance and equipment repair and follow through until completion.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• High School or GED required.
• Minimum 1 to 3 years of progressive maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and construction experience.
• Computer experience with Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to lift, move, and pull 100 lbs. consistently. Bend, kneel, and ability to move up and down ladders and other equipment.
• Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle to run errands as requested and able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and auto insurance requirements.
• Ability to work where exposure to operating circumstances require following standard or prescribed safety precautions.
• Ability to work days and weekends as scheduled.
• Bilingual in Spanish, Hmong, or Somali a plus.
• Must be a team player and willing to work in a diverse environment.