To find out, check out 10 Safety Mistakes Hotel Managers Make and How to Avoid Them, by Diana S. Barber, Esq.
The stripped-down version below could easily be reshaped into questions every planner should ask of their hotel during the site inspection process.
1. Never cut back on security personnel.
2. Have an evacuation route posted in your meeting room space.
3. Increase lighting throughout your property.
4. Continuously train employees.
5. Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards.
6. Keep back-up data off property.
7. Install phones in fitness centers.
8. Perform background checks on employees before hiring.
9. Check detection devices regularly.
10. Check on emergency equipment periodically.
To receive a weekly blog update, e-mail Sue.