The Meetings Community (MeCo), an online resource and listserv for meeting planning professionals, has launched a job board, a service that is free to both organizations posting job openings and those seeking jobs.
Created in January 2006 as a Google Group discussion forum, MeCo offers opportunites to network, job search, discuss, and exchange ideas about the planning industry and is open to meeting, convention, incentive, andprofessionals and suppliers all over the world.
"This job board is just one of many new and innovative features we have planned for MeCo," says Dan Parks, president and creative director of Corporate Planners Unlimited and Monday moderator for MeCo.
Among the job board's features:
- Detailed job search options.
- Companies can post work.
- Job seekers and employers can save, organize, and maintain records online for future contact and reference.
- Companies can conduct searches discretely, while remaining anonymous.
- Job hunters and independent contractors have the option of making their resume "private" or "public."
- Comprehensive resume searches are available for companies seeking employees. Companies can type in key words and only those resumes that match the criteria will result.
- Customized questions can be added to job postings for more detailed responses.
- Companies can create a set of personalized e-mail messages, to be sent to selected job-seekers.
- Job postings can be activated and deactivated as needed.
For information on how to join MeCo, visit www.meetingscommunity.org.