Maritz Travel Co.
LEADERSHIP: W. Stephen (Steve) Maritz, chairman and CEO of Maritz LLC; David Peckinpaugh, president and CEO of Maritz Travel Co.
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: automotive, tech/telecommunications
AT A GLANCE: In early 2012, Maritz made a major acquisition, taking the reins at Twinsburg, Ohio–based Experient, a significant player in the association andworld (and a former CMI 25 company). Experient now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Maritz and will be the company’s association, , and government brand. Corporate clients who had worked with Experient now will be served by Maritz Travel. In 2011, Experient represented 1,934 meeting and incentive programs. In other news, Maritz partnered with Cvent in 2011, putting the software company’s tools at the heart of its registration and sourcing efforts.
BY THE NUMBERS: [The numbers below are the total combined volume for Maritz Travel and Maxvantage, a strategic alliance with American Express Meetings & Events.]
- Corporate meetings in 2011: 14,463*
- travel programs in 2011: 206
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 17%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 1,423,315
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: Undisclosed
- Full-time employees: 823
* This number includes events (no overnight component) as well as meetings and therefore cannot be compared accurately to other CMI 25 listings