George P. Johnson
Auburn Hills, Mich.
LEADERSHIP: Robert Vallee, chairman/CEO, Project: Worldwide; Larry Vallee, president and CEO, EMEA, Project: Worldwide
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: automotive, computers/electronics
AT A GLANCE: While 75 percent of GPJ’s revenues come from events and only 25 percent from meetings and incentive travel programs, the company’s meeting clients are top tier, including the dealer conference in Las Vegas that introduced Lincoln’s 2013 MKZ car; Saleforce.com’s huge annual user conference, Dreamforce; and Cisco Live 2012 in London. In 2010, GPJ’s CEO, Bob Vallee, founded Project: Worldwide, a network of wholly and partially owned specialized marketing companies. In the past year, two new experiential agencies have joined the network, including Boulder, Colo.–based Motive and New York City–based Affinitive.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Corporate meetings in 2012:>1,500
- Incentive travel programs in2012:<500
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.:60%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives:238,000
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives:25%
- Full-time employees:1,300+