NEW YORK (September 10, 2007) - Penton Media's Corporate Meetings & Incentives®magazine, the leading information source for the $40.3 billion corporate meetings and events industry, today unveiled its first annual “CMI 25” list of the industry's largest and most influential full-service independent meeting and incentive travel management companies focused on the corporate market. The first compilation of its kind, the CMI 25 demonstrates the growing trend of corporations to outsource meeting planning and booking. Profiles of the CMI 25 appear in the September issue of Corporate Meetings & Incentives and are available on the Web at www.meetingsnet.com.
“Collectively, the CMI 25 booked more than 21,000 meetings and incentive travel programs in 2006 and well over 5 million room nights,” said Barbara Scofidio, editor of Corporate Meetings & Incentives. “This is the first time that this type of information on the size of these companies has been available to inhouse corporate marketers and meeting planners.”
The CMI 25 companies, in alphabetical order, are:
- Advantage Travel & Incentives Inc., Savage, Minn.
- Ambassadors, LLC , Newport Beach, Calif.
- American Express Business Travel, New York
- BCD Meetings & Incentives, Chicago
- BI, Edina, Minn.
- BUCOM International Inc. , Chicago
- Carlson Marketing Worldwide, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Creative Group Inc., Appleton, Wis.
- Enterprise Events Group, San Rafael, Calif.
- Experient, Twinsburg, Ohio
- Gavel International Inc, Lincolnshire, Ill.
- George P. Johnson, Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Gray Consulting International Meetings & Incentives, Philadelphia
- ITAGroup, West Des Moines, Iowa
- MAC Meetings & Events, St. Louis, Mo.
- Maritz Travel Company, St. Louis, Mo.
- McVeigh Associates, Ltd., Amityville, N.Y.
- Meeting Alliance, Robbinsville, N.J.
- Meeting Expectations Inc., Atlanta, Ga.
- Meridian Group Travel, Hazelwood, Mo.
- MotivAction, LLC, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Motivation Excellence Inc., Schaumburg , Ill.
- R/A Performance Group, San Francisco, Calif.
- SDI Travel and Incentives, Chicago
- USMotivation, Atlanta, Ga.
The magazine’s editors selected CMI 25 companies, based on a number of factors including the number of meetings and incentive travel programs managed in 2006, and the total number of room nights represented by those meetings and incentives. They also evaluated the number of full-time employees at each company, as well as the percentage of the company’s revenues that came from organizing corporate meetings and incentives, versusor other sources.
The magazine's Web site, www.meetingsnet.com, is the industry's leading online destination, providing original content, e-newsletters, trends, analysis, and how-to articles for the meetings and incentive industry.
Corporate Meetings & Incentives is part of MeetingsNet (www.meetingsnet.com), a group of market-specific magazines that includes Association Meetings, Financial & Insurance Meetings, , and , which serve meeting and incentive planners.
Penton Media, Inc. is the largest independent business-to-business media company in the U.S., serving more than six million business professionals every month. The company's market-leading brands are focused on 30 industries and include 113 trade magazines, 145 Web sites, 150 industry trade shows and conferences, and more than 500 information data products. Headquartered in New York City, the privately held company is owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its co-investors. For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.