Kathy Nugent Delidow, Vice President, Travel
|Company Case Study|
Excellence in Motivation Inc.
LEADERSHIP: Bob Miller, president and CEO; John Kernan, executive vice president, CFO, and COO
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: automotive, healthcare/medical
AT A GLANCE: At the end of August, Aimia, the Montreal-based loyalty management company, announced a deal to acquire Excellence in Motivation for $28 million. After growing to 201 staffers in 2011, EIM added 17 more in the past year. And since last fall, the company has greatly expanded the engagement tools on its reward platform, EIM Element, adding six new modules, including a recognition module for peer-to-peer and manager-to-associate recognition, a spotlight module to feature high achievers, a games module that adds gamification elements to a program, and a nomination module. Its sister company, Zipsetgo.com, is an online community promoting group and individual travel.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Corporate meetings in 2011: 186
- Incentive travel programs in 2011: 75
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 31%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 40,000
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 68%
Full-time employees: 218
BACK TO THE 2012 CMI 25 LIST