George P. Johnson
Auburn Hills, Mich.
LEADERSHIP: Robert G. Vallee, Jr., chairman/CEO; Jeff Rutchik, executive vice president, GPJ Client Services Worldwide
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: automotive, computers/electronics
AT A GLANCE: GPJ does most of its work in the events industry (it was named the No. 1 agency by both Special Events and Promo magazines in 2011), but it also planned more than 500 meetings and incentive programs in 2011. In April, GPJ entered a strategic partnership agreement with Action Impact, which will represent the company in the Middle East/North Africa region, and has also partnered with PS Communications to support efforts in northern Europe. In September 2010, GPJ’s CEO, Bob Vallee, founded Project: WorldWide, a network of specialized marketing companies.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Corporate meetings in 2011: >500
- Incentive travel programs in 2011: Undisclosed
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 60%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 211,832
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 25%
Full-time employees: 1,250
BACK TO THE 2012 CMI 25 LIST