The majority of hotels in the Caribbean region are medium-sized, with 151 to 400 guest rooms. These lush resorts, equipped with modern meeting facilities, gourmet restaurants, and a wealth of on-site recreational activities, accommodate all types of groups from a 10-person board of directors meeting to a 400-person incentive program. Situated on some of the world's best beaches, they're guaranteed to motivate even the most stressed-out achievers. Whether arranging for a group to sail to a private island for a day of beach olympics or for a corporate golffollowed by a massage, attentive staff will help to facilitate a truly memorable meeting in the Caribbean's medium-sized hotels.
Radisson Aruba Caribbean Resort Aruba Situated on 14 lushly landscaped acres and located on 1,500 feet of white sand beach, the resort will complete its $60 million transformation in December 1999. The property offers beachfront venues for themed events, an 8,100-square-foot ballroom for gala farewells, award-winning cuisine, a new casino, and Radisson's "Yes I Can" service to ensure a memorable event.
* Group activities: Jeep safari, scavenger hunt, beach olympics
* On-site recreation: beach, sailing, fishing, health club, tennis, two pools, snorkeling, windsurfing, volleyball
* Corporate groups hosted: Century Rainaid (225) Harvest Insurance (50), Revlon Venezuela (65), Powel Lumber (50), Energy Homes (60)
U.S. CONTACT: Leslie Schatzer Phone: 212.213.5779 Fax: 212.213.2231 E-mail: LSchatzer@radisson.com
San Juan Grand Beach Resort & Casino San Juan, Puerto Rico Imagine a resort redesigned to provide the perfect meeting venue. Imagine expansive ballrooms, a business center, and multiple boardrooms, all supported by an attentive staff. Imagine a 10-minute ride from the airport and a sandy beach as an enchanted backdrop. It's all been done at the San Juan Grand, the only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide in Puerto Rico.
* * Group activities: treasure hunt at the rainforest withactivities * theme party at pool or beach area * group golf excursions * tours of Old San Juan
* * On-site recreation: health club, pool, spa, water sports, beach, full-service casino, Martini's high-energy lounge
* * Corporate groups hosted: The Pampered Chef's (300), Farmacia & Up-John (300), Nissan Incentive (400)
U.S. CONTACT: Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Phone: 800.323.7500
Sunterra Resorts Carambola Beach St. Croix, U.S.V.I. Sunterra Carambola's full-service, 151-room seaside resort offers groups an unforgettable and intimate experience. The resort features customized, flexible options, such as theme-night parties, meal plans, water sports, complimentary tennis, golfing on an award-winning Robert Trent Jones golf course, as well as the expertise of professional group planners.
* Group activities: sunset or Buck Island cruises * golf tournaments
* On-site recreation: beach, pool, tennis, snorkeling, golf, exercise room
* Corporate groups hosted: Tootsie Roll (300), Kraft Food (150), Gillette (300), LPGA Konica Classic Golf Tournament (160)
* Group packages: from $285 per person; program includes room, meals, services, tax
U.S. CONTACT: Lou Schwartz Phone: 561.470.6214 Fax: 561.470.6217
Wyndham Sugar Bay Beach Club & Resort St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. The mountainside property, set above an intimate beach, is ideal for meetings as large as 500 people or incentive packages as small as two. With more than 15,000 square feet of meeting space, a breathtaking pre-function area overlooking the Caribbean, topnotch services, and an experienced catering staff, the resort is the perfect meeting or incentive destination.
* Group activities: golf/tennis, deep-sea fishing, snorkeling/scuba, catamaran charters, teambuilding events
* On-site recreation: tennis, sailing, fitness center, lagoon water park, beach, kayaking, wave runners, windsurfing
* Corporate groups: ideal for board meetings, training sessions, teambuilding, product launches; group size from 100 to 500 people
* Group packages: from $120 per person; all-inclusive program includes room, food, beverages, cocktails, taxes, gratuities