6 Months to 1 Year Out * Decide on the golf course.
* Book your tee times.
* Determine menus.
* Receive and sign.
* Book celebrity or guest professional.
* Book entertainment, if any.
6 Months Out * Determineformat.
* Decide on your invitation list.
* Mail pre-invitations.
* Begin creating an invitation.
3 Months Out * Order logo items or special gifts.
* Confirm appearance of speaker or entertainment.
* Schedule photographer/videographer.
* Mail invitations.
1 Month Out * Confirm tee times with golf course or with golf event management company.
* Check on status of your special-order prizes.
* Mail second invitations, if necessary.
* Mail confirmation letters.
* Order banners, tee signs, and any other signage you're using.
* Schedule meeting with the golf course.
2 Weeks Out * Go over checklist.
* Go over changes.
* Call golf course or golf event management company with final numbers.
1 Week Out * Make sure gifts and prizes have been received.
* Reconfirm all outside suppliers.
Within 1 week of the Event * Go over pairings with golf course or golf event management company.
* Go over correct spelling of all names.
* Alert course or golf event management company of last-minute changes.
* Review final numbers with golf course.
Ciabattoni's Checklist for Tournament Day:
* Arrive at the course at least two hours before your golfers.
* Set up your registration table first. Place this table near the carts and/or a walkway through which all golfers must pass. You may want several tables, depending on how many stops your golfers need to make.
* Reconfirm your start time with the pro. The timing may be off due to weather or other reasons.
* Give the host professional any updates in pairings (and alphabetized lists).
* Reconfirm that no repairs are being made to the course that day.
* Give host professional amenities to be placed on carts (rules sheets, golf balls, towels, or other items).
* Reconfirm special-events holes. Course should place proximity markers on those holes.
* Have two persons put up tee signs and banners. This task often takes more than an hour.
* Reconfirm beverage cart.
* Reconfirm timing and placement of meals.
* Reconfirm billing procedure for all meals and food and beverage outlets.
* Reconfirm driving range location and access for your group.
* Know where the locker rooms are.
* Take ten minutes with all of your staff and course staff and give them pertinent information that all golfers will need to know.