Get to know the founder of Scholar Consulting Group and a thought leader around SMM
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
My brain is in New York; I live in New Jersey; I love the spirituality in Sedona, Ariz.; miss most of my friends who are in Grand Rapids, Mich., where I grew up; and my favorite city is San Diego.
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
Los Lonely Boys. I cannot wait for their Rockpango CD coming out March 29. Also: Madonna, Rolling Stones, Beatles, and Tony Robbins. I get the most work done listening to Tony Robbins’ subliminal music.
3. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want?
I would want my own 24-hour battery so that I never needed to sleep.
4. It’s time for a second career, what do you choose?
Two, actually: naturopathic doctor and successful fiction and nonfiction writer
5. What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Business Model Generation, by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur, and Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer, by Suzanne Somers
6. If you could visit with anyone (living or from history) for a week, whom would you choose?
My dad. He died when I was only 12 years old and I would really like to visit and talk with him now that I’m older.
7. What is your favorite cause/charity?
The health and well-being of children and animals, and helping others learn about natural and holistic remedies. I have created a Cancer Care Carton© for my friends and family who are battling this terrible disease.
8. How do you strike a balance between work and your personal life?
I could not have accomplished anything thus far in my career without my husband and my mother. Thank goodness, my husband has always worked at home (for IBM) and been able to help me when life is unbalanced. My mother has lived with us for 15 years and and managed our household.
9. If you could go back in time, what would you change about your life?
I would have studied at the University of Michigan so that I could say that I was an alum, with all of the maize and blue clothing I wear. There is still time.
You Might Also Be Interested In