The vibrant cosmopolitan city on Africa's eastern seaboard is known as the gateway into Africa and has established itself as Southern Africa's leading convention destination. Durban is a new and exciting destination that combines high technology with true African tradition.
Fast Facts * Where We Are 9 miles from Durban International Airport to city center -- served by South African Airways via Europe, on airlines such as British Airways and KLM
* Where to Stay 20 area hotels, 6 of which are first-class properties -- properties from the "Golden Mile" beachfront to the picturesque Midlands to game parks to the Drakensberg mountains
* Where to Meet International Convention Centre -- 75,347 total square feet of exhibit space -- 60 meeting rooms-- Holiday Inn and Royal Hotel with conference center, meeting venues -- Durban Exhibition Centre
* Where to Play situated on the Indian Ocean coast -- golf, sailing, scuba diving, additional waterfront activities, shopping, the arts, cricket, horse racing -- birdwatching at Amanzimtoti and Umgeni River Bird Parks -- conservation areas housing some of Africa's larger wild animals and birds -- gaming at area casinos
* What's New International Convention Centre -- the Durban Hilton International Hotel -- 2 casinos -- redesigned Web site, including extensive database of general city information, hotels, conference and convention venues, recreation, contact information, helpful links to Durban-related Web sites
* Weather average temps from low of 59 degrees Fahrenheit in winter to a high of 86 degrees in summer -- peak months--April, July, October, December -- shoulder season--January, February, May -- low season--March, August, November
* Did You Know... Durban's official language is English.
Durban Metropolitan Convention Bureau Stats * P.0. Box 1044
* Durban 4000, South Africa
* Phone: 27 31 3044934
* Fax: 27 31 3046196
* Web: www.durban.org.za
* Executive Director: Sharon Peetz
* Group Sales: Nadine Lombard