Like self-sufficient cities, the Caribbean's largest hotels have every imaginable amenity and activity. Each has more than 400 guest rooms, expansive meeting and exhibit space, and a full complement of facilities for recreation, dining, and entertainment. These deluxe resorts have fully equipped health clubs, golf courses, tennis courts, equestrian centers, and all kinds of water sports that your attendees can enjoy in their free time. Abundant opportunities for theme parties and customized events include everything from a treasure hunt on a private island to a reggae market festival.
Aruba Sonesta Resorts at Seaport Village Aruba The Seaport Village complex features two hotels, The Sonesta Resort with 300 rooms; and the Sonesta Suites with 250 one-bedroom suites. Guests enjoy a private island, two casinos, restaurants, a nightclub, a fitness center, two pools, a tennis court, water sports, shopping, and more. The new 40,000-square-foot Sonesta Conference Center can seat up to 1,900 guests.
* Group activities: 40-acre private island forexercises, beach olympics
* On-site recreation: sailing, fishing, fitness center, pools, tennis, water sports, seven beaches
* Corporate groups hosted: Redner's Supermarket (440), Indiana Desk (350), Computerland (250)
* Group packages: from $385 per person; 4 nights accommodations, Jeep safari or Mambo Jambo BBQ, taxes, service charges, more
U.S. CONTACT: Deborah Moore-Straughn Phone: 800.343.3537
LOCAL CONTACT: Esmerelda VanDerWoude Phone: 011 2978 36000 Fax: 011 2978 25034 Web: arubasonesta.com
Caesar Park Cancun Beach & Golf Resort Cancun, Mexico The 426-room golf and beach resort offers much more than 30,000 square feet of exceptional meeting and convention space, extensive beachfront and outdoor function space, 18 holes of championship golf on property, seven swimming pools, and all ocean-view rooms. Whatever the requirements, the resort has the facilities to make any meeting or incentive an outstanding one.
* Group activities: golf tournaments * 10 different theme parties * trips to Mayan pyramids * donkey polo, professional diving classes
* On-site recreation: beach, health club, pool, tennis, golf
* Corporate groups hosted: Preferred Risk incentive '98 (1,352), Lannier Worldwide (1,335), Innkeepers Summit (870)
* Group packages: minimum of 100 people from $250 per person, per night; with room, meals, drinks
Casa de Campo Dominican Republic Where can you find a destination to suit the diverse interests of everyone in your group? Casa de Campo's tropical playground with two conference centers is the ideal site for incentives, conferences, and tournaments. No other Caribbean resort offers such lavish accommodations, creative theme parties, and variety of sports and recreation.
* Group activities: scavenger hunt, Donkey Polo Cup teambuilding, Western Night theme party
* On-site recreation: golf, tennis, sailing, fishing, sport shooting, pools, horseback riding, private beach
* Corporate groups hosted: Cable & Wireless, Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, Johnson & Higgins
* Group packages: from $171 pp/double, per night; with room, meals, drinks, and, more
U.S. CONTACT: Eliseo M. Cortes Phone: 305.856.7083, 800.336.5520 Fax: 305.858.4677
LOCAL CONTACT: Olga Fanjul-Wahl Phone: 809.523.3333 Fax: 809.523.8189 Web: www.casadecampo.cc
Half Moon Golf, Tennis and Beach Club Montego Bay, Jamaica Located on a 400-acre estate, this unique colonial-style resort offers 418 guest accommodations in the form of villas, suites, and cottages. Half Moon's sales and marketing team will ensure a luxurious experience. To leave a lasting memory with incentive groups, the resort offers cocktail parties and theme events, highlighted with calypso and reggae music.
* Group activities: catamaran lunch cruise with open bar, entertainment, water sports; cruise down the Black River with bird and crocodile watching, lunch at a plantation.
* On-site recreation: beach, tennis, sailing, water sports, pool, fishing, health club, golf, squash, croquet, equestrian center
* Corporate groups: Wella, York Int'l; American Bar, National Bar
* Group packages: $295 per room/winter, $200 per room/summer; includes meeting space, in-house audiovisual, tax, service charge, fruit basket, floral arrangement
Renaissance Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios, Jamaica Popular with incentive groups, this beautiful resort has 720 guest rooms and 30,000 square feet of flexible event space. While attendees enjoy the casual atmosphere, the resort's professional conference services staff will arrange events for them in one of 10 meeting rooms, poolside, or on the resort's wonderful beach.
* Group activities: Buccaneer Beach Bash, a feast on the beach with pirates, reggae music, treasure hunt, beach olympics, golf tournaments
* On-site recreation: sauna, Jacuzzi, slot-machine casino, health club, beach volleyball, three pools, water sports
* Corporate groups hosted: Caribbean Investment Conference, National Coalition of Black Meeting Planners, Zotos International
* Group packages: all-inclusive plans available on request
LOCAL CONTACT: Marc Redt Phone: 876.974.2201; 800 HOTELS-1 Fax: 876.974.2162 E-mail: email@example.com
The Westin Rio Mar Beach Rio Grande, Puerto Rico The award-winning Westin Rio Mar Beach is one of the Caribbean's most comprehensive beachfront meeting and incentive destinations. The magnificent Oceanfront Conference Center features the Caribbean's largest ballroom and acres of outdoor function space. The resort offers a complete destination management service, exceptional facilities, and outstanding service.
* Group activities: planning and management of exclusive special events * professionally planned golf and tennis tournaments * themed banquets and parties, deep-sea fishing excursions
* On-site recreation: beach, sailing, fishing, beach-front pools, spa and fitness center, tennis, snorkeling, golf, full-service casino, boutiques
* Corporate groups hosted: DDB Needham, Lucent Technologies, Merrill Lynch, Pfizer
* Group packages: tailored to specific group needs * inquire with director of group sales
LOCAL CONTACT: David Margolis Phone: 787.888.6000; 800-4-RIO MAR Fax: 787.888.6235 Web: www.westinriomarmeetings.com
Wyndham El Conquistador Resort & Country Club Fajardo, Puerto Rico El Conquistador Resort, the "ultimate Caribbean destination," offers 918 elegant guest rooms, 70,000 square feet of meeting space, and exceptional personalized service to help meeting and incentive executives plan their best program ever. A spectacular, 26,000-square-foot Golden Door Spa recently opened and the resort's own tropical island is perfect for exciting group events.
* Group activities: day and evening activities, theme parties * exclusive events on resort's private island
* On-site recreation: Golden Door spa, sailing, scuba, water sports, pools, horseback riding, hiking, fishing, golf, tennis, health club, private island beach
* Corporate groups hosted: Chase (1,100), Salomon Smith Barney (700)
* Group packages: variety, which can include dine-arounds, teambuilding, day on Palomino Island, complete access to Golden Door Spa and water sports
U.S. CONTACT: Joe DiBenedetto Phone: 800.441.0418 Fax: 305.260.9191
LOCAL CONTACT: Ivelis Crespo Phone: 787.863.1000; 800.468.8365 Web: www.wyndham.com
Wyndham Rose Hall Resort & Country Club Montego Bay, Jamaica Nestled between Jamaica's Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea, the 489-room Wyndham Rose Hall offers the perfect blend of historic flavor and island rhythms, impeccable personalized service, glorious beaches, spectacular pools, and a variety of water recreation, championship golf, fine dining and entertainment, and a host of resort activities.
* Group activities: events at Rose Hall Great House and Sugar Mill Falls
* On-site recreation: championship golf, tennis, sailing, fishing, fitness center, elaborate water park
* Corporate groups hosted: Hair Cuttery, Combined Insurance; ideal group size from 20 to 600 people
* Group packages: from $65 per person, per night; many options, high-tech facilities, conference service manager
U.S. CONTACT: Michael Lorenz, Director of Sales Phone: 800.441.0418 Fax: 305.260.9191
LOCAL CONTACT: Craig Martin, General Manager Phone: 876.953.2650 Fax: 345.953.2167 Web: www.wyndham.com