* The Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau has announced the resignation of Eddie Webster as president. Steve Stickford, vice president of convention sales and services, will serve as acting president while the board conducts a search for Webster's replacement.
* Marriott Lodging has named Fred Miller vice president, Renaissance sales integration, responsible for coordinating sales of Marriott's newly acquired Renaissance, New World, and Ramada International hotel brands. Miller, who will be based in Washington, DC,most recently served as vice president of retail sales at Renaissance Hotels & Resorts in Cleveland.
* Vail Resorts in Vail, CO announced two appointments. Bruce Mainzer has been named senior vice president of marketing. He joins from Carnival Airlines in Miami, where he was executive vice president of marketing and planning. Brian Smith has been named senior vice president of sales. Smith had served as interim senior vice president of sales and marketing, following the recent merger of Vail Resort and Ralston Resorts; at Ralston, he had been executive vice president of resort operations.
* Vals Fauquier has been named vice president, marketing, for Tourism Toronto. She had been vice president, marketing, with Where Magazines International, also in Toronto.
* In preparation for its upcoming expansion, Caesars Palace in Las Vegas has reorganized its sales team. John Yaskin has been promoted to vice president of sales. He had been director of sales. Replacing Yaskin is Sally Gibbons, who joins from the Wyndham Anatole Hotel in Dallas, where she was director of marketing.
* The North Metro Minneapolis Convention & Visitors Bureau has named John Connelly executive director. He joins from the Rochester (MN) Convention & Visitors Bureau, where he was also executive director.
* The Hyatt Regency La Jolla in San Diego has appointed Rob Stirling director of sales and marketing. He had been associate director of sales at the Hyatt Regency Dallas.
* The Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach, SC, has promoted Sabena Robinson to director of sales and marketing. She had been associate director of sales.
* Vo Tomulich has been named director of sales for Four Seasons Resort Nevis, in the Caribbean. Tomulich, who will be based in the New York City sales office, most recently served a director of incentive sales for The Plaza Hotel in New York City.
* The New York (NY) Convention and Visitors Bureau has promoted Gene Christensen to director of convention sales. He had been manager of convention sales.
* The Westin Atlanta Airport has appointed Max McElhaney director of sales and marketing. He had been director of marketing for the Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham, AL.
* Tasha M. Horton has been named regional director of sales and marketing for Noble House Hotels & Resorts in Washington state. Horton, who will be based in Kirkland, WA, previously was director of sales for Rosario Resort on Orcas Island, WA.
* Jeffrey Jones has been named director of sales and marketing for The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur, which opens in December. Previously, he served as director of sales and marketing for Churchill Intercontinental London.
* Linda Randolph has joined the Wyndham Safari Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL as director of sales and marketing. She had served as director of sales and marketing for the Sheraton Airport Plaza Hotel in Charlotte, NC.
* The Radisson Hotel Saint Paul (MN) has announced two appointments. Alan G. Elliott has joined as director of sales and marketing. He most recently served as general manager with the Clarion Hotel in Billings, MT. Nancy Norton has been named assistant director of sales. Previously, she served as director of sales at the Arrowwooda Radisson Resort in Alexandria, MN.
* Marci Zaworski has been promoted to director of sales, southwest region, for Princess Hotels International, Inc. Zaworksi, who will be based in Dallas, had been sales manager for the southwest region.
* The Westin Mission Hills Resort in Rancho Mirage, CA has named Michael O'Hearn director of conference and catering services. Previously, he served as director of conference and catering services for the La Quinta (CA) Resort and Club. * Charlie Frankel has been named regional director of sales and marketing for Marriott International in the southeast region. Frankel, who will be based in Plantation, FL, had been director of marketing with the Marco Island (FL) Marriott Resort & Golf Club.
* The Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco has named Mark Allen director of sales. Most recently, he served as director of sales for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts at Fisherman's Wharf.
* The Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta has appointed Don Jones director of marketing. Previously, he was director of sales and marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Newport Beach (CA).
* The Australian Tourist Commission (ATC) in Los Angeles has announced three appointments. Fiona Anderson has been promoted to sales manager, meetings, conventions, and expositions. Anderson, who will be based in New York City, had been manager, incentive travel. Anna Case has been named to the newly created position of manager of sales, incentive travel. She previously worked with Queensland's Gold Coast Tourism Bureau as international sales manager. Andrea Moriarty has been promoted to manager, meetings, conventions, incentives, and expositions (MICE) market development. She had been manager of meetings and conventions. Both Case and Moriarty will be based in Los Angeles.
* Luciana Tabeni de Graziano has joined the Marriott Plaza Hotel in Buenos Aires as senior account executive, incentive market. She had been account executive, corporate market.
* The New World Harbour View in Hong Kong has announced two promotions. Leslie Ho has been promoted to meetings, conventions, incentives, and expositions (MICE) manager. He had been assistant manager, conventions and incentives. Susanna Yung has been promoted to sales manager, corporatemarket. She had been account manager.
* Becky Wenger has joined the Royal Palms and The Hermosa Inn in Phoenix as corporate sales manager. Previously, she served as corporate and group sales manager at the Radisson Resort in Scottsdale, AZ.
* Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resorts in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands have appointed Ann Levan, head of A. Levan, Inc. Resort Choices, as a sales representative for meeting and incentive groups. Levan served as vice president of sales for Sugar Bay Plantation Resort in St. Thomas before founding A. Levan Inc. Resort Choices in 1993.
* The Westin Resort Miami Beach, formerly Doral Beach The Ocean Resort, has named Leah Orr senior sales manager responsible for corporate sales for the Southeast, Midwest, and West Coast. She had been national sales manager.
* The Orchid at Mauna Lani on the island of Hawaii has named Audrey E. Clark executive meeting manager, responsible for groups of 10 to 25 rooms. She joins from the Sheraton Gateway Hotel at the Toronto International Airport, where she was conference services manager.
* Ana Underwood-Corey has joined Del Lago Golf Resort & Conference Center in Montgomery, TX as Dallas regional sales manager. She had been sales manager with the DFW Lakes Hilton Conference Center in Grapevine, TX.
* Jamie Erdman has been named sales manager for The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner in McLean, VA. She previously served at the McLean Hilton as conference center sales manager.
* Julie Feldman has been appointed sales manager for the Charleston (SC) Area Convention Center, scheduled to open by spring of 1999. Feldman, who will handle large regional and national, had worked in the media and marketing department of the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.
* The Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau has named Katie Weber convention services manager. Most recently, she served as events manager for the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois.